Tuesday, December 28, 2010

One Less Windows Machine

While I've been using an Ubuntu netbook for almost three years now, I still had a Windows workstation (with a nice, comfy, full-sized keyboard) that I'd revert to when I didn't feel like pecking at the keys.  I'd also been telling everyone around me for quite a while that the cloud was the future.

Finally, I decided it was time to put my convictions where it mattered, and installed ubuntu 10.10 on a tiny partition on my workstation.  After initial configuration, I installed the Chrome browser and went about adding apps from the Chrome web store.

I'm making the commitment to a life in the cloud.  No more local storage.  Ever.

It's going to be an interesting transition, and I've already had to wrestle with some security misgivings (more on that in a future post), and I hope you'll check back with me as I dive into the cloud world.

No comments:

Post a Comment